Please enter the code you received in the email here.
Unfortunately, registration for this training is no longer available.
Ep!c Hybrid 1.5-Day Virtual Person-Centered Thinking Training
This virtual, 1.5-Day Person-Centered Thinking Training is the follow-up training to the Person-Centered Thinking eLearn course. In this 1.5-Day training, you'll be trained on the remaining person-centered thinking skills not covered in the eLearn course. This training will be taught by one of IntellectAbility's certified Person-Centered Thinking Trainers.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Creating a Person-Centered Description (PCD)
- Creating a One-Page Description (1PD)
- Considering culture when giving supports
- Learning to be Process and Content Experts
- Moving supports from Power Over to Power With
- The Relationship Map
- The Communication Chart
- Good Day/Bad Day
- Reframing Reputations
- Person-centered Matching techniques
PLEASE NOTE: This training is required to complete the full PCT training.
Seats Remaining: 4
Completion of the Person-Centered Thinking eLearn course.
To join this training, you must:
- Have the Zoom app or access to Zoom.com
- Have a COMPUTER with a front-facing webcam - this training cannot be taken via a mobile device (no phones or tablets)
- Have headphones with a mic
- Have a strong internet connection
- Have the ability to print documents before the training
- Use one of the following internet browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or FireFox
- Have a private or quiet workspace
After completing this form, your registration will be placed in a "PENDING" Status until it is confirmed that you have completed the PCT eLearn course.
Once your registration has been approved, you will receive the following via email:
- Zoom link to join on the date selected above
- Handouts to download (these are required for this training)
- Instructions to follow on the day of the training
- Trainer information
- Instructions for cancelation or rescheduling
In order to receive a certificate for this PCT training, you MUST:
- Be in attendance with your webcam on throughout the training
- Be engaged in the training.
*The assigned trainer has the right to withhold a certificate if they cannot attest that each attendee met the two requirements above. Failure to receive a certificate will result in the need to retake this one-day training.
Time & Place
Mon, Oct 30th 2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One hour break for lunch
Mon, Oct 30th 2023
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tue, Oct 31st 2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
If you cannot find your name in this list, or you have any other troubles registering, please contact support »
Marissa Landgraf B.S.Person-Centered Services Trainer
Marissa has over 7 years of experience working with vulnerable populations, including those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities - specifically Autism Spectrum Disorder. She has served these populations at the agency level and the state level with the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. Marissa also has experience supporting and teaching students with disabilities at an inclusive post-secondary comprehensive transition program. Marissa, who joined lntellectAbility in December 2022, is currently a Person-Centered Thinking Trainer.
Patrick Lane MALead PCT Mentor
Patrick has nearly 15 years of working in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. He has extensive experience in case management and project oversight and is a certified AAIDD Supports Intensity Scale Specialist. He is presently a Person-Centered Practices Mentor by The Learning Community for Person-Centered Practices. He is currently the Person-Centered Services Manager for IntellectAbility.